Home education is a successful educational option for parents in Ohio and around the country.
Growing at a rate of approximately 8% per year, an estimated 2.0 million children, grades kindergarten through high school, were being home educated in the U.S. during mid-2010 according to a survey conducted by the National Home Education Research Institute.
- Today an estimated 2.0 million children are being taught at home by their parents.
- On average, homeschool students in grades 1-4 perform one grade level higher than their public and private school counterparts.
- By grade 8, the average homeschool student performs four grade levels above the national average.
- The number of families choosing to homeschool grows at an estimated annual rate of 7-15 percent.
- In a web poll taken by 989 respondents, 49% said religious conviction is the main reason they continue homeschooling; 15% positive social environment; 14% academic excellence; 12% specific needs of child; 5% curriculum choice; and 5% flexibility.
For only $15, your annual membership gets you..
- Access to the "Member Only" section of our website, chock full of great resources.
- Attend our annual Kick Off and Activity Fair (designed for both mom and dad)
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of member-led activities.
- New to home education? Connect with a mentor mom - a seasoned veteran - ready to assist during your first year.
- For graduating seniors, participate in our amazing graduation ceremony.
- Save $20 on your HSLDA membership.
- Connect with other home school families.
- And much, much more!