By completing the KCCHSA membership application and submitting your membership payment:
Statement of Purpose
- You agree to traditionally home school your child(ren). Membership is not open to families who choose alternative public school educational options such as e-schools (K12, OVA, Buckeye Online, etc.), or private school "umbrella" programs (Mansfield Christian, etc).
- You agree to notify your local superintendent of your intent to educate your child(ren) at home according to the Ohio Administrative Code (OAC 3301-34). Failure to notify may cause you to be denied membership in KCCHSA.
- You agree that any information posted to the KCCHSA members-only section of the website or emails sent to the group is NOT to be advertised or forwarded to non-members. The information in the member directory is not to be used for any solicitation including phone solicitation or personal mailings.
- KCCHSA does NOT carry insurance for you, your spouse or your children. You understand that you are responsible to carry insurance on your family and will NOT hold the KCCHSA support group and/or organizers of activities liable for ANY injuries.
- You declare that you have read the Statement of Purpose, the Statement of Beliefs, the Association Policies, and Graduation Celebration Requirements (see below), that you are in agreement with them as written, and that your lifestyle is consistent with its Christian intent.
The purpose of KCCHSA is to further the interests of the education of children by their parents by all lawful means and in the context of the Judeo-Christian ethic.
Statement of Beliefs
- We believe that the ultimate purpose in living is to know and glorify God and to attain eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, beginning within our own families and then reaching out to the world. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and that through His death and resurrection God procured the redemption of His fallen creation.
- We believe that the institution of marriage was intended by God to be a permanent, lifelong relationship between one man and one woman. Any expression of sexuality outside the commitment of marriage defiles both the person and the institution.
- We believe that children are a heritage from God and a blessing from His hand. We are therefore accountable to Him for nurturing, educating, and preparing them for a life of service to His Kingdom and to humanity.
- We believe that human life is of inestimable worth and significance in all its dimensions from conception to the grave.
- We believe that God has given parents the privilege, responsibility, and authority to educate their children in a manner consistent with His Word as given in the Bible.
- Participation in any KCCHSA activity is open ONLY to members.
- When attending KCCHSA group events, all members agree to offer help in areas such as planning, executing, set-up, and clean-up.
- All members are expected to arrive at events/field trips and meeting on time and agree to maintain proper control and constant supervision of their own children while attending ANY KCCHSA events.
- Families who are unable to pay their membership dues may request that dues be waived for one year, subject to approval of the leadership team.
Graduation Celebration Requirements
To participate in our graduation celebration, families and their individual graduating student must meet these requirements:
- Must be members of KCCHSA by December 1 of the graduate’s final year.
- Must traditionally home school the graduate during their final year.
- Must meet all deadlines for paperwork, fees, and photographs associated with graduation.